Sunday 5 April 2009

My favorite book, Maus Art Spiegelman


It is very difficult to pick out a favorite book. The first books I read where the books of harry potter. They made me realize that a book can be good. I like to read books that balance between fiction and non-fiction. Bookds like the Stravaganza trilogy or the Golden Compass trilogy are very good.

My favorite type of books are graphic novels. My favorite, without a doubt, is Maus from Art Spiegelman.

This book is a true story and a very good objective story about the life of Art Spiegelmans' father before, during and after the second world war. It gives you a very personal view of how a war can change someone's perception and ideas. The book also give you a very good insight in how Art Spiegelmans's relation with his father changes, while he was writing this story.

I really like this type of graphic novels, because it is TRUE and you can learn a lot out of these things. People are still a bit sceptic when it comes to graphic novels. It is not just a comic book! Graphic novels are very accurate and contain values that are very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment